The Daily Awrad (Spiritual Practices)
The Awrad of the Initiate (Mubtadi‘)
- Shahada three times [ash-hadu an la ilaha illallah wa ash-hadu anna Muhammadan `abduhu wa rasaluh]
- astaghfirullah 70 times;
- Fatiha one time with the intention of participating in the blessings sent down with it when it was revealed in Makkah.
- Ayat Aman ar-rasula (2:285-286).
- Surat al-Inshirah (Surat 94) 7 times;
- Surat al-Ikhlas (Surat 112) 11 times;
- Surat al-Falaq (Surat 113) 1 time;
- Surat al-Nas (Surat 114) 1 time;
- la ilaha illallah 10 times, the last time completing it with Muhammadun Rasulullah.
- Salawat ash-sharifa 10 times [Allahumma salli `ala Muhammadin wa `ala ali Muhammadin wa sallim]
- “Ihda,” that is, presenting the reward of the above recitation to the Prophet (s) and to the Shaykhs of the Naqshbandi Tariqat;
- wrapping it up with Fatiha, with the intention of sharing in the Divine Graces and tajalli which were sent down when it was revealed in Madinah the second time.
- Dhikr of the Glorious Name ‘Allah, Allah’ 1500 times;
- Salawat [same as (10)] 100 times; 300 times on Mondays, Thursdays and Fridays.
- one-thirtieth (juz’) of the Qur’an, or instead Surat al-Ikhlas 100 times;
- one chapter of Dala’il al-Khairat or instead salawat 100 times.